The board must set the strategic direction of the organisation. This course provides board members and managers with information to successfully develop, implement and monitor their strategic goals along with ideas on how boards can maintain their strategic focus when faced with competing operational pressures.
This course covers the following topics over 40+ slides:
- The different roles of the board and staff
- Organisational planning - strategic versus operational
- Preparation for effective strategic planning
- Tips to achieve the strategic plan when barriers emerge
- How to be a strategic board
- A quiz to test knowledge
Estimated time to complete: 45-60 minutes
On completion of this course:
- an email is generated should you wish to advise your manager/organisation that you have completed this course, and
- a certificate is issued.
Enhance this course by enrolling your board members in the Governance | Mana Whakahaere course, or add in the Risk & Finance courses to take a deeper dive into these three key governance activities.